While we’re waiting for KT’s essay on OM, the people have spoken about whatever. WHAT’S WRONG AND WHAT’S RIGHT WITH AMERICA TODAY? By the end of this post you should be able to answer those questions.
By the way, the other day I was jogging down by the bay, and a guy approached me running the other way. As he passed he said, “You run like a 65-year old.”
A Job for Beerasana?
Maybe you should go on Wife Swap, and try to teach King Curtis your brand of yoga. I know this is really old, but I just found it and cannot stop watching. Fried salad! Bacon! Little suitcases! And the “after” reveal that shows the family eating fruit…as long as its been dipped in a chocolate fountain.
— Sallypants (Chicago)
Cats, Liz, Colbert, Drusg, and all things good
- Katelyn is over there cracking up at this: Cat Yoga
- Blasphemy, from Jacob (MN), who writes: “you’re a cat person; jaime’s a cat person; i’m a cat person….but here a short, funny video about why this guy thinks dogs are better than cats.” Dogs are better than cats, period
- From SLyon (NC): Did you see the sad NONONONO kitty?
- From Rebongaz (NYC): “This is a mostly fashion blog, although with taste and feminism. But the first two posts here as you scroll down… gold. I would have linked you directly to La Liz wearing herself but the Stevie pics were too good too.” Liz on LIZ
- From Ranger Ted (MT) “Visitor cats!” Two mountain lions spotted on front lawn of Sierra Madre home
- From Bob (NYC): “George Carlin is making me happy today. about midway through this he talks about using acid as a values-changing experience. what a wonderful man he was. aww.”George Carlin On Drugs And Marijuana
- Also Bob: “this whole shtick has been superawesomecute from the git-go. here, jimmy fallon and stephen colbert sing ‘somewhere out there’ from that ‘an american tail,’ which was also awesome as you’ll recall.”
Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon Sing ‘Somewhere Out There’ After Ending Best Friendship
Crazy Letters to the Editor from Bob’s Hometown Paper
We will not let this popular feature die. Thank you, Huntington (WV) Herald-Dispatch! And Bob.
Poll worker wasn’t very impressive
I voted in the Oct. 4 special election for governor. At the polling place I was greeted by a worker dressed up in a “young urban white punk” costume. After listening to his garbled instructions, it occurred to me that it wasn’t an act. He really was what he seemed.
I guess this job could have been some kind of plea-bargained community service. Or, maybe the West Virginia secretary of state is trying raise her “street cred.” Regardless, I miss the “old days” of properly attired poll workers who seemed to enjoy their work.
(Bob has the chutzpah to add “your people.”)
Finally, Les (DC) has sent an adorable photo of her husbandman Oscar and Jay from Season 1 Project Runway getting all huggy on each other.